Good Morning from Indialantic, FL

Three Months on the Beach


This was my view upon waking up on my first morning in our temporary residence.  We're renting a condo on the ocean while we house-hunt, and I couldn't be happier.  Well I could be happier -- if I were about 23 years old with a bikini body and nothing but time.  And no dog.  The dog's a nuisance when you want to take impromptu walks on the beach.  More about that darn dog later.

Saturday I attended my first Weight Watchers meeting here, and my first in months anywhere.  With the fixing up and showing and finally the selling of our house in Fort Wayne I had given up all attempts to be organized  with my eating and exercise habits, and the scale reflects that.  I have to lose a whole lot of weight to get back down to my normal weight.  It's crazy how fast you can pack on those pounds!

Here's a recipe from the meeting that I haven't tried yet, but I wanted to share since it sounds so simple.  I would serve this little cake with sliced fruit and maybe a dollop of whipped topping.

1-2-3 Cake


1 box angel food cake mix
1 box any other flavor cake mix

1.  Pour contents from both boxes into zipper lock bag and shake together to mix thoroughly.
2.  Take 3 T. of the mix and spoon it into a microwaveable mug or bowl.
3.  Add 2 T. water and stir to blend.
4.  Microwave on high for 1 minute.

Points value:  2


Comments