Recipe - Garden-Fresh Salsa


For several years I had the pleasure of doing a little vegetable gardening during our short Indiana summer seasons.  Mine was a tiny little garden, and we all loved salsa, so I focused on growing tomatoes, herbs, an onion or two, and many types of peppers.  In an earlier post I discussed our family's quest to recreate one of the best commercial salsas in the world.  My daughter-in-law has a great recipe too.  This recipe is based the bounty of my garden and incorporates the key ingredients in all our favorite salsas.

Garden-Fresh Salsa

Ingredients

2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
1/2 habanero pepper, seeded and minced
1/2 white or yellow onion, chopped
8 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon dried cilantro
1 teaspoon garlic powder
fresh ground black pepper

Procedure

Combine all ingredients refrigerate a couple of hours to let the flavors blend.



Comments