Recipe - White Sauce for Fish Tacos



I'm not a fan of sour cream so this is my version of the typical fish taco sauce.  It's spicy and smooth and tastes perfect on our fish tacos.

I like fish tacos made with shredded cabbage just fine, but at home I prefer to serve them with shredded iceberg lettuce.  My daughter-in-law is allergic to cabbage so maybe that's why I steer away from it.

For a great fish recipe try Grilled Tilapia With Fajita-Style Rub.

White Sauce for Fish Tacos

Ingredients

1 cup mayonnaise
1 lime, cut in half
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
1/2 teaspoon minced capers
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro

Procedure

In a small bowl squeeze 1/2 lime into mayonnaise; whisk.  Add all ingredients and whisk thoroughly.  Cover and refrigerate at least an hour.


Comments