Recipe - Spicy Hummus

Today we're crossing the lagoon to visit Captain Morgan and Princess for a fun afternoon of food and soccer.  They visit London a lot and have developed a taste for a particular kind of curry found in pubs over there.  When Beaver lent them his The Hairy Bikers' Great Curries cookbook, the Captain was able to find a chicken curry that he felt would replicate the exact dish they love so well, and today he's going to make this recipe for us.  Yum!  Arsenal's on the telly too -- the Captain will have the game on his wall mounted outdoor TV.  It will feel like a real pub, except for that it's warm and sunny and we'll be poolside.

The Captain requested that I bring hummus.  There are many hummus recipes out there and they're all basically the same.  I have no memory of where I got this one, but when I serve it I always get compliments, so it's the only recipe I use.  I always double the recipe.

Home made spicy hummus.

Spicy Hummus

Ingredients

2 tablespoons tahini
1 15-oz can chickpeas
4 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne

Procedure

Put all ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.  Serve with pita or corn chips.  Also delicious with strips of red bell pepper.


Comments