New Home!

Beaver took a job in Huntsville, Alabama, so I'll be dividing my time between the beach house in Florida and Huntsville.  We have an apartment there now.  After a year or so we'll have a better idea how, and where, we want to live in this new and unfamiliar town, and can find a more permanent home.  I'm up to my neck in landscape maintenance at the beach house and until I get things set up properly there I have no interest in adding another yard to my list.  Anyway, this means I'll have a new place to decorate!  Decorating is air conditioned, as opposed to landscaping, which involves being outdoors, so it's much more leisurely.

Huntsville is in the South, in northern Alabama near the Tennessee line.  When I first heard the news that we were to move I was so excited to be down South again!  But Beave explained patiently to me that since it's a high-tech city (lots of space and military facilities have congregated there, not the least of which is NASA) there would be no southern-ness in Huntsville but rather a conglomeration of people from all over the country. This may be true. But Beaver found that the company he works for is chock full of real Southerners, and he now concedes that he feels like he's down South.  When he told me this I behaved like a true Southern lady, smiling graciously and waiting until his back was turned to stick my tongue out at him.

I'll post before and after photos as soon as I get some stuff to make the apartment "after."  It's still in a "before" state.  But here are our views from the balcony.





As you can see it's very green and pretty.  There are shops and restaurants two blocks down.  One restaurant, called Grille 29, is supposed to be very nice.  We're going there for my birthday next week so I'll let you know what we think.


Oliver's Labels

Comments