Recipe - Peach Oatmeal Muffins

One of these beauties yields over a cup of chopped peach.
My dog bit my nose.  It's a really shocking, sad thing, and I'm confused about how or why it happened. Right now I'm recuperating. I look horrible, not feeling so hot either (it feels like I hit a wall with my nose), so  I decided muffins were in order.  I had just the recipe to use on one of these fine looking peaches, too.

Peach muffins ready to pop into the oven.

Peach Oatmeal Muffins

Ingredients

1 cup flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup chopped peaches

Note:  To make cinnamon sugar, mix 1/4 cup sugar with 1 tablespoon cinnamon.

Procedure

1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Line a muffin tin with papers liners (I needed 16 muffin liners).  Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.  Set all aside.

2.  In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.

3.  In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together the beaten egg, butter and yogurt.  Add to dry ingredients and stir until moist.

4.  Fold in the peaches.

5.  Scoop the batter into the muffin cups, dividing evenly between 12 - 16 liners.  It's okay to fill to the top as these don't rise all that much.  Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.

6.  Check muffins at 16 minutes.  I baked mine for 18 minutes 30 seconds in an electric oven.

7.  When muffins are done and a tester comes out clean, remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.

Time for tea!

(Adapted from Damn Delicious)

Comments