Christmas Wedding

When all of my peers were done getting married there was a long gap of time where I waited for my children's generation to start that festive trend. Word of caution, eager mothers-in-law: young people take their sweet time finding a mate and settling down these days.

These are the only weddings I've been a part of since forever:

1. James and Crystal Doty (son) in Fort Wayne, IN
2. Alicia and Zach Peterson (niece) in Albuquerque, NM
3. Brian and Christine Axtell (nephew) in Kansas City, KS

And yesterday, here in my home town of Melbourne, Florida, a young man I have known since the time he was still in diapers, Patrick Floto, married the woman of his dreams, Aleksandra Ciecielag, making Wedding Number Four as poignant as the all the others were for me.

Below, the First Dance (to see this video in high resolution please go to my YouTube channel here. There is also a second dance video at that location).



And next, some photos, taken with my phone, so please excuse the quality since I was zooming in and clicking most hastily.

My old friend Cindy Floto with daughter-in-law Aleksandra (we call her by her nickname, Ola).

Ola's lovely mom holding my grandson Oliver.  One of her few English phrases was "grandkid." As in, I want one.

Ola with her father.  I took this because I loved her old world headpiece and wanted to show it up close.

Selfie with my husband, Ormond...

...And another with my angel, Oliver.

Polish tradition: newlyweds are greeted with bread and salt by their parents, a blessing for their lasting alliance.

And here is the gorgeous bread and salt. platter, on the bride and groom's table.

During speeches Ola translated for her parents.

Groom's family, including Patrick's sister Erin (far right), who was Maid of Honor.

Guests enjoying the festivities.

Patrick's brother, Chris, is a sweet guy despite the fierce stare in this photo!

Random shot of the reception guests.

Ola and Patrick making the rounds.

Music by local father and son duo, MK, was perfect.  

So there you have it.  December 26 is also my son Steve's birthday, and this year he turned 25 without us.  We missed spending the day with him.  I'm glad we had Patrick and Ola's wedding to make us smile.


Comments

  1. Thank you so much for posting! I couldn't be there for Ola and Patrick so this piece is something precious for me (and bunch of other Polish folks as well I believe). Thanks again!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it! Poland was well represented in spirit, turning a simple wedding into a unique experience for Ola and Patrick's American friends and family.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing! I'm Patrick's great uncle Loren Floto, his grandfather John's younger brother in Illinois. A wonderful day for all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Uncle Loren! I'm so glad this post helped you be a part of the wedding. Your brother John is a sweet guy!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! It'll be posted as soon as I see that you're not selling something. ;)