Don't Put Off Tomorrow...

...What You Can Do Today


Beach walk -- down and back. Click to enlarge.
Today I woke up at 7:00, having slept mostly through the night for the first time in a long while.  I did wake up a couple of times but was able to stay relaxed and fall right back asleep.

The first thing I do when I wake up is stumble into the kitchen and make a cup of coffee.  Then, I take the coffee and walk out onto the back deck to get a feel for the weather.  In the winter months it would still be rather dark at 7:00 a.m. but now the sky is bright and you can tell the sun is working its way up over the treetops.

Several mornings in a row it has been in the low 50s when I wake up.  This morning was much balmier, so pleasant in fact that I decided to forgo the trip to the gym to instead enjoy a walk on the beach.  I've been feeling guilty that, though I'm a resident of this cool little island beach town, living two blocks from the Atlantic Ocean and one block from the Indian River Lagoon, I don't get out and appreciate the location like I should.  I guess like everyone else I get bogged down in errands and chores.

So I made myself take the walk, and I'm glad I did.  I listened to my Rhapsody playlist while I walked, which made me really happy, so much so that I didn't stop walking until I got to Spessard Holland South beach park.  There were only a few walkers out, a few fishermen here and there (and at every fisherman's stake-out there was the required Great Blue Heron keeping watch over the bait).

Not bad: nearly 10K steps by 10:30 in the morning!
With the walk done and over with I can now have brunch, something I've been looking forward to since I finished dinner last night.  Leftover Thai Yellow Curry!  Check out my recipe here. Then, it's chores and errands, trying to get ready for my annual spring stream of house-guests.  I'll easily surpass the 10,000 steps mark today!

Comments