Chapter Five: Friday Update 5.4.18

Happy Star Wars Day!

London's Heathrow Airport had this tongue-in-cheek sign posted today.

Found on Reddit.
I love it that this fandom is etched into international daily life and culture.

So! On to knitting!




UPDATE: I frogged the Self-Important Socks. I think it's a perfectly nice pattern, but I didn't like the colors I chose. The off-white would look so much prettier as old fashioned bobby socks, or in a delicate lace pattern. The Jilly blue I had left over from a cowl is a beautiful and vibrant shade, and should be paired with something just as rich.

Here's what the designer's sock looks like:

 © Deborah Kemball
You can see why I love them!

I plan to try this pattern again in the future.

GO TO SELF IMPORTANT SOCKS ON DEBORAH KEMBALL'S WEBSITE



WORKS IN PROGRESS

HITCHHIKER SHAWL

No picture today. It goes on and on and... It gets longer and longer without increasing in width much, so there's this long tail sort of pooling in your lap and down into the crevices of the chair that has to be dealt with, otherwise I love knitting it.

See my previous Knitting posts for photos and links.


ASHLEY CARDIGAN

It's been in hibernation but I'll get to it as soon as the Hitchhiker is done.


FINISHED OBJECTS

SWEET BUNTING BABY CARDI BY LAURA CHAU

Rinsed in Dreft and drying on a towel.

What a cute little sweater! What a great pattern! I truly believe its future owner will love it.

I really need a baby to model this. It's size 1 yr. but I think it could go to 18 mos. Know any little tykes that can pose nicely and look super cute on demand? No, I didn't think so. Neither do I.


♕♕♕


This is a short post. My husband is home and it's pool time! I heard him put some beer in a bucket. I can't delay!

Next time I write I'll share with you a cool book my friend loaned me. It's about colorwork socks and it is presented in a unique and entertaining format.

Till next time...

Comments