Big Storm, No Knitting

After the thunderstorm.

RIGHT AS I WAS WALKING OUT THE DOOR

I Got A Text From My Husband and a Phone Call From My Friend

My husband, who was in Abu Dhabi, UAE at the time, said that there was some major weather just north of me.

My friend, who lives down the beach, asked if I was going to venture out, given the severe weather that was soon to hit.

Boy am I glad they alerted me.

Clueless as ever, I had no idea these storms were wreaking havoc across the state. Our particular bit of mess was coming straight down the barrier island from north to south, and on my radar app it wasn't just bright red, but purple!

I texted a few of my fellow Eau Gallie Knitting friends, some of whom were already at Panera for our weekly knit-together, to say I'd be delayed as I was going to wait for the storm to pass.

Then it hit. Winds in excess of 50 mph, hail, and, by the end of it all, 1.5 inches of rain. When it had died down enough for me to peek my head out from the bedroom wing, where I hide during severe weather, I saw branches down everywhere, and in my back yard, a big mess.

Blooms and shards.

Crushed Orchids and Broken Pots

The wind blew over the umbrella, table and all, and dumped my orchids and lanterns onto the patio. I've never had the wind do that before. 

Before the storm hit I had time to crank down my deck umbrella and lay it on the floor, because the wind always knocks that over. But the lightning was everywhere, and the storm came down so fast, and I didn't have time to crank down the patio umbrella.

Time to go to Lowe's

New pots for the orchids! But those lanterns are a shame. I got them years ago at Joann's Fabrics, for 70% off. There were three of them, and they had a wide mouth so you could put a jar candle inside. We really used them! I loved the color, too (marine blue).



♕  ♕  ♕



That's it for today! Thanks for stopping by! TTFN!


Comments