Chapter 23 - My Happy Drawer

Italian cotton yarn haul.

TINY YARN HAUL

Bio-Sesia 5 100% Organic Cotton

I bought this fingering weight yarn on sale from WEBS earlier this week, with the intention to make myself a Happy Drawer full of baby clothes.

What's a Happy Drawer? Well, I saw it first on Instagram, and now I can't find the post to give credit. A woman who likes to knit baby clothes, but doesn't have anyone specific to knit for, has a drawer dedicated to her lovely finished objects. Whenever someone has a baby shower, she's ready with a cute little cardigan, or hat and booties.

The appeal of baby knitting is, of course, that the tiny garments are quick to finish and therefore provide tons of gratification.

The yarn I bought is cotton because that's more suited to future Floridians.

European Style Baby Fashions

My taste in baby clothes is very Continental. I've always loved the look of English pram coats or Norwegian pixie caps. My modern American kids and their friends don't think that stuff is very appealing. I'll have to try and knit up a mix of styles.

Here are some of the baby knits I've been drooling over:


Comments