Chapter 30 - Purple Pima Coverup


PURPLE PIMA COVERUP

A Two-Week Sweater!

I couldn't believe how quickly this garment knit up, and I even lengthened it quite a bit! 

The free Really Ridgy cardigan pattern is by Andrea Yetman. It looks like a warm and cozy cardi on the pattern page, because it calls for a heavier yarn. I, however, used a pima cotton DK weight to achieve a summery, open fabric.

I haven't blocked it yet, and it needs it, if only to even out the stitches. Cotton tends to be unforgiving, especially when the stitches aren't packed in tight. Blocking should make it all look neater.

The pattern calls for long sleeves, which I shortened to 3/4. I added quite a bit of length so it can be used as a beach coverup as well as a light garment for air conditioned restaurants. The fringe at the bottom makes it sort of bohemian.


I really recommend this quick knit! Also the yarn! (Cascade Ultra Pima in Syrah.) 



♕♕♕

And there you have it! Thanks for stopping by. 

TTFN!

Comments