Chapter 33 -PROGRESS ON THE SUMMER KAL


TANK TOP KNITTING HALFWAY DONE

The Back is Finished, Starting on the Front

The yarn I'm using is Daisy by Knit One, Crochet Too (38% linen, 32% silk and 30% hemp). Here's how they describe it:

Daisy is a gorgeous 3 ply wet-spun sport weight yarn. Our idea was to combine the typical hand feel of linen/hemp, with the soft feel of silk while also getting an interesting color effect by combing the mat of linen & hemp with the sheen of the silk.
The yarn feels crunchy like you would expect from linen, but the silk gives it the slightest oily feel, creating a little bit more suppleness and softness than you'd find in pure linen. As you knit, the garment shows creases and stitch variations that don't recover well, typical of a plant-based yarn. Washing and blocking should soften things up and make it bloom.
Daisy comes in some amazing colorways, by the way. Knit One, Crochet Too is a local (Ft. Myers) brand, and the colors are bright and saturated, perfect for our Florida style!


Knit One, Crochet Too "Daisy"

I found the FREE pattern for this tank top on the Yarnspirations site. It's the Sunny Days Tank by Patons. It's fairly easy to knit if you don't mind that it's in two pieces (front and back). The lace pattern isn't hard to memorize. It's a 15-stitch repeat so, depending on your size, you will need a small handful of stitch markers to mark the repeats.


Check out the KOCT website, because all of their yarn is 30% off until July 28. Also, I've added this company to my curated knitting and crochet resource list. They have some really cute patterns!


Knit One Crochet Too

Curated Resource List


An Actual Finished Object!

I've finally completed the Stashbuster Shawl by Heather Haynes! 

Unfortunately this shawl pattern is only available on Ravelry (I bought it before I disassociated myself from them). But there are plenty of similar patterns out there. Basically, you start in the middle of the bottom and increase every single row, on both ends of the row. The way Ms. Haynes has you increase creates an adorable little picot edge at the bottom.

Because of the way it's constructed, it grows considerably width-wise (wingspan) and not so much in depth. In the picture above, you can see that it's as wide as my 72-in. sofa.


My Eau Gallie Fiber Pirate friends, who were watching and encouraging me today at Panera, will note that I did NOT run out of yarn!  It's nice to have so little left. (Probably no more than 2 yds.)

I used the best yarn ever: Plymouth's Incan Spice (merino, alpaca, silk and yak). I will definitely seek out this yarn and use it again in a sweater. It's just so baby soft!

Here's what the Plymouth site says about Incan Spice: 

Yak takes center stage in this rich four-fiber blended yarn. Extrafine Merino, Baby Alpaca, Mulberry Silk and Yak produces a yarn where all colors exude a soft natural brown halo due to the Yak.

I probably bought this yarn on WEBS (yarn.com). It's $12.49 per ball of 218 yds.


New Project Tote

I'm really into Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) stuff; have been for about 25 years now. So, when I saw this tote bag on Amazon I snapped it up! 




I only have two other project bags. The smallest one is tiny, big enough only for a sock project and not much else! (I made that one.) My other one is larger and made of canvas. I got it at the Japan store at Epcot. But it really isn't big enough for a large project, like a thick sweater.

This one's big and roomy. I love it! Here's the link:  Amazon



♕♕♕

And there you have it! Thanks for stopping by.

TTFN!

Comments