Chapter 32 - Quick Summer Update

EGFP Summer KAL

Our KAL/CAL started on July 1, so it's well underway. I've been working hard on my project, knitting at least an hour most days.

Back of garment

Here's a photo of my progress at the end of last week. I've since added a couple of inches of stockinette at the top.  Yarn and pattern details are in a previous blog post.

See previous blog post for details

I've let the Christmas shawl and Stashburner shawl languish while I concentrate solely on this project. 

New Expression Fiber Arts Yarn!

Sunlit Rose Hues

I'd be living in a homeless shelter by now, if I bought every single skein of beautiful yarn that appeared on my Instagram feed. Resisting the temptation is a daily chore. Indie dyers are just getting better and better at their craft!

This new collection appeared on my Instagram feed and I fell in love right away. It was a spur of the moment purchase, but now that CashSilk Sock by Expression Fiber Arts, in the colorgroup Sunlit Rose Hues, is here, I'm so very glad I gave in.

Ii
Impressionist garden shades

CashSilk Sock is 75% Superwash Wool, 15% Cashmere, and 10% Silk, and the three skeins together total 1,230 yds. Quite enough for a many projects. 

I don't have a project in mind at the moment, but I'm pretty sure I won't use these together, unless I bring in a couple of tonals to even them out. We'll just have to see, though. We knitters are famous for changing our minds. A lot. 

Colors anyone could wear

Other News

As you know, Ravelry did its thing, and so many of us took our knitting selves out and back into the real world. I started a Facebook group page for our local knitting group (Eau Gallie Fiber Pirates).



More recently, I found an online forum called Our Unraveled, that also hosts groups, and something like individual blogs that are meant to be your place to post WIP's and FO's. There are no stash or queue databases, and no pattern database, however people are sharing in the forums so I imagine over time, shape and structure will occur.


Click here to go to Our Unraveled. (It will open in a new window.) It's a bit foreign at first but after spending a couple of days nosing around, I've come to learn my way a bit.

Please look for me on Our Unraveled! I'm "Groove" (profile here). I believe that, on this website, you don't add friends; instead you subscribe to each other.

I did create a blog but now I can't find it. It's called "Groove Unraveled".

Hope to see you there!


♕♕♕

And there you have it! Thanks for stopping by.

TTFN!

Comments