Chapter 38 - COVID Knitting, Continued...

SOME STUFF ON MY NEEDLES

My friend Bunny gave me this yarn (Plymouth Yarns Encore Tweed). I was with her when she bought it at Knit and Stitch a year ago (what a fun day!) and apparently she overbought. She had enough skeins left over from her own sweater project for me to make another garment! Well, I did go online and order one more skein.

This is a free pattern called Le Pouf that's available many places, but I got it from Jimmy Bean's Wool. It calls for fingering yarn held double. I'm knitting it in worsted instead, so I went up one needle size. It will be too small for me (I'm making the size M) but it will be bigger than a Medium so I hope one of my DIL's will fall in love with it and claim it for their own, as a comfy, slouchy, not-getting-dressed-today garment.


This is a hat, and I am loving it so much! I'm definitely on the Myra train. One of my long-time YouTube knitting podcast subscriptions has been to Cozy Up Knits (link to their YouTube channel here), and one of the twins, I'm thinking Katie, started knitting this hat and became so obsessed that for weeks, it's all she knit, over and over again.

I'm using a DK weight superwash merino yarn held together with mohair, both in a pretty raspberry color. I've learned a new stitch! Also, having no trouble following (and memorizing) the pattern. This project is moving so fast that I've had to stifle myself; it would be finished today if I didn't have to run errands or do laundry.

MORE FINISHED OBJECTS (cont. from yesterday)

This is a pattern I spent a year developing, and I really love it! It's called Tennis Socks, or maybe I'll call it Sport Socks. The pom poms are my own cute addition. This pattern has been test knitted and approved, which makes me so happy. I'm debating whether to stick it up on Etsy and charge a couple of bucks, or give it away for free.

These socks fit really well. They look so cute with sneakers. Here in Florida, those are our winter shoes, y'all.

MORE TOMORROW!

I've got one or two more finished objects to share, but I've run out of time to post them today. Please come back tomorrow. :)

♕♕♕

And there you have it! Thanks for stopping by.

TTFN!

Comments