Chapter 39 - Last of the First Batch of COVID Posts

Katie's Shawl by Cozy Up Knits. I'm doing this for my DIL Ruth in colors she requested. It's so HER! It will go in her Christmas gifts box. The shawl uses two skeins of a main color (in this case black) with five contrasting colors. I'm using Stroll in Blue Yonder Tonal, Electric Blue, and Paisley Heather; also, Muse in Poetic ( purple tonal) and Hawthorne in Delphinium (blue tonal). This is the second time I've knit Katie's Shawl. For the first one, check out this earlier post.

The rest of my knitting so far. I like to have either socks, wash cloths, or Knockers on the needles (or all three) for when the bigger projects seem never-ending. It's refreshing for me to pick up something small and see the end in sight.  I like CoBoo (50/50 cotton and rayon) best for the Knitted Knockers (see charity knitting info on their page here). I used another brand of cotton (Fair Isle Harbor, 50/50 cotton and viscose) for the tan pair, and absolutely hated working with it. It felt like Sugar and Cream dishcloth yarn, and was terribly splitty. I'm going to try another pair in Patons Grace, which is 100% mercerized cotton.

The wash cloths are soft and squishy and I love them. They are knit as two layers that are sort of double-knitted in places to make them really absorbent and give them more weight and substance.  I keep a fresh one in my shower to use as a body scrubber, and they're super convenient to throw in the washer and dryer . I use CoBoo for these. I make this same pattern for dishcloths, but I use Scheepjes Catona, a lovely 100% cotton that comes in pretty pastel shades. The dishcloths are part of my effort to live a more sustainable life. 


That's all the knitting news I've got, and I hope to finish up all the WIP's and show them off as FO's real soon. I've got another shawl to knit, for my other DIL (Crystal), and I'm anxious to get that started and finished for her Christmas box. So, stay tuned for that. 


♕♕♕

And there you have it! Thanks for stopping by.

TTFN!

Comments