FLORIDA GIRL SOCKS PATTERN LIVE!

Florida Girl Socks by Bonnie Doty/Groovemom




Today I published my very first real pattern! I say "real" because this time it was test knitted, and revised, and re-revised, and so now I feel confident in sharing it with the knitting community.

I started developing this sock pattern a couple of years ago, when I realized that I loved to knit socks, but never wore them! Living on the coast of Florida, I only wear sandals or sneakers.

But hey, I thought, sneakers need socks! And then I remembered, with great fondness, the cute little tennis socks that were so popular back in the 70’s when I was in college. They came in tons of bright colors (think Lily Pulitzer), with a contrasting cuff, and either a pom-pom or a satin ribbon as adornment. My favorite pair was navy blue and white, and I wore them many years before they wore out.

Florida Girl Socks by Bonnie Doty/Groovemom



Pom-poms aren’t for everyone, but who doesn’t wear shorty socks? Here in Florida, golf, tennis, and all outdoor activities are a way of life; and even if you’re not the sporty type, looking the part is a huge part of Florida style.

I love that these socks only use up one skein of sock yarn. They fit really well, too, hugging your ankle with a unique cuff.

Beginning knitters, or those of you who want to learn how to manage the tiny 9” circular needles, will find this a great step-by-step guide, not only as a template for knitting shorty socks, but for switching back and forth (when necessary) between the circs and the DPN’s. More experienced knitters can easily translate this pattern into their own favorite way to knit socks.

To ensure I reach all knitters, I'll be offering this pattern on three platforms:

Today it's live on Etsy (MY SHOP IS HERE), and I'm going to upload it to Ravelry and LoveCrafts this weekend.





And please don't forget to use #floridagirlsocks when sharing your project on Instagram!

♕♕♕

And there you have it! Thanks for stopping by.

TTFN!

Comments